Saturday, September 13, 2008

From the Border…

Hello, Internet! I'm writing this from an, erm, rather elderly computer, so there's no guaranteeing it will work. I finally have some time to relax and do some not-so-scholarly stuff, like writing, swimming, counting the number of SUVs with tinted windows we pass, etc. So now I get to rant.

First of all, I just want to say that if any of you reading this live in or around the Houston, Texas, good luck battling it out with Hurricane (now a tropical storm) Ike. Houston, you have a problem. I stayed up til 10 last night watching CNN's coverage of the hurricane. I will never forget the reporter who was standing 15 feet away from the retaining wall of the Galvaston bay, trying to stand up straight. He kept reading an anamometer, which was giving a reading of 120 mph winds, and telling the camera that it must be malfunctioning. It wasn't.

The first meeting of my high school's GSA club was two days ago. Some people complained that it was at the same time as the Republican club. That's almost as weird as the LOG CABIN organization. But I guess that, since something like one out of every ten people are gay, and one out of every two people are republican, I guess that it makes sense. It just seems strange.

Umm… Anything else I wanna talk about? I guess it doesn't really matter. No one really reads the posts they don't need to comment on. I wonder if there's anyone out there that is reading this that isn't in my high school. Comment if you don't know me, please.

Apple's new iPods are Nano-Chromatic! What that means, no one knows, but it sounds really cool. The new iTunes, like just about everything nowadays, lets you choose functionality OR privacy, but not both. Google Chrome is still discriminating against macs. Grrr.

My little brother has spent this entire weekend listening to his iPod. I can't believe how plugged in he is. There's a difference between using technology to your advantage, and technology using you to Bill Gate's advantage. I'm getting kinda worried that Pete Doctor's and Andrew Stanton's image of the future might not be that unrealistic–or that distant.

OK, I think I have nothing else to say. I left a soda in the oven, so I gotta run. See y'all later, and dream on…

No comments: