Monday, April 27, 2009

Action!

Hello, internet! And welcome to the exciting world of technology. A wondrous realm, where dreams become reality, where the future begins, and where you and I will someday expend our entire lives. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the singularity.

Tonight I get to blog about something. 250 words. What to talk about...?

I know! Today was the Chemistry wizard show. I got to use the really cool school camera. Even though I know no one will actually read this all the way through, I’d like to take a moment to talk about why it is such a freakin’ awesome camera.

First, it comes with threaded neutral density and polarized filters, which screw in to the lens. It also comes with a crazy huge wide angle, or fisheye lens, that weights, like, two pounds. It also has built-in neutral density filters in 1, 1.3, and 2 increments. This means that you can open the aperture way up, but cut down on light without affecting exposure to decrease the depth of field. Speaking of depth of field, this thing must have at least a 1” CCD or CMOS chip. Coupled with the length of the lens, I bet you could get some pretty sweet DOF out of that thing.

I also really like how the zoom, gain, aperture, and focus are on manual analogue dials and rings. This means that there is no banding in the gradation of any of these setting, as there is on my wee little handycam. The optical image stabilization has multiple float settings, which means that I can control the amount of shake I get. Oh, and there’s a bayonet-mounted lens hood, which means that you can clamp on gels and filters.

I want that camera soooo bad.

And... Cut.

No comments: