Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Bushel of Potatoes for Breakfast?

Hello, Internet! To all who come to this happy place, welcome. The world wide web is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. We are dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have shaped america, with the hope that it will lead to a better tomorrow.

Something I believe in. What do I believe in?

I believe in inquiry. Yes, there we go. I believe in mutual exchange of knowledge. I believe in learning from the past, the present, and that which may have yet to come.

To be more specific, I believe that we should always keep our minds open to the possibility that enlightenment may come from anywhere. When we disagree with others, we must bear in mind the often difficult possibility that they may (1) be correct, and/or (2) have some parcel of knowledge that could alter you.

Furthermore, just because someone is different, they are not inherently wrong. This, my friends, is called xenophobia. I dream of a world where there is xenophillia. People are attracted to that which is different. True, different is not always better, but there is always something that we can learn from those who have different worldly experiences.

Ladies and gentlemen, this I believe.

No comments: