Tuesday, February 24, 2009

251 Words of Wonder

Hello, internet! So, looking over the past few posts that I’ve done, as well as the accompanying comments, it seems that I’ve been unduly cynical lately. Please forgive me for being a poopface. I’ve been going through a crazy lot of stress lately, and it appears that I’ve failed in my attempts to keep it out of my school life.

Anyways, today I’m going to talk about how Wright says that it’s his “cultural heritage” to hate jews. I’m not entirely sure what that means, but I can give you the basic run-down of why I think he’s so hard on them.

Growing up, Wright was always spit upon. He was the lowest of the low, a poor black with a single mother and no education. Everywhere he went he had been the victim of hate and detestment... That’s not a word. People didn’t like him. And, according to that dude we read last semester with the weird name-- Vincent Parillo or something like that, people who are at the bottom of the rack need a vent, someone to hurt or to blame. It just so happened that Wright was raised Christian, so he naturally had the Jews to hate for killing Christ.

Or something like that. Of course, now we have the interesting question of what if Wright hadn’t been raised Christian. Would he still have hated someone? Would he have teased them so much? I think yes, but let me know what you think in the comments below.

One word over 250. Yes!

No comments: